Sunday, June 6, 2010

In the Mix

I'm officially done recording, and it's a big relief (although kind of sad it's over).  Jeff has mixed 6 out of 7 songs and at the risk of sounding cocky and for lack of a better phrase, they sound F***ing Awesome.  I can't wait to share them with everyone.  MAJOR props to Producer, Jeff Berner at Galuminum Foil Studios.  I've set the date of the release party for Thursday, September 23rd in Williamsburg (location to be announced), and there's a lot to take care of beforehand, including mastering, album art, rehearsals, etc.  I will, of course, torture my inner circle of friends with multiple listening parties, and demand delightful ego stroking.  Be gentle, I'm a fragile flower ;)

In other news, watched "Men Who Stare at Goats" yesterday and laughed my ass right off.  My kind of movie, dark comedy with my favorite Dude, Jeff Bridges.

Coming up this week, I have a gig with the Dead Copycats on Tuesday, June 8th at Local 269 bar on the Lower East Side at 9pm.  We're opening for a friend's band, The Miki Doras, so it should be a congenial fun time.  Click HERE for the location.

No comments:

Post a Comment