Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Far Out...er, I mean...Far East


My next album cover?


Okay, so this entry has very little to do with music – or everything to do with music, depending on how you look at it. 
I was lucky enough this past winter to travel to Thailand.  While I didn’t go there to play shows, I certainly found an abundance of inspiration everywhere I looked. Now that I’m back in the States, I’m hoping to translate some of those experiences into song.  Here are some of the highlights from the trip:





The Swimming

Luckily I was traveling with a someone who’s an even stronger swimmer than I am, so we could go for hours of epic swim adventures  


We swam around Ao Nang Tower, 

Ao Nang Tower
Stallactites off of Railay Beach





and under these stallactites












                                                        And into Caves.

Amazing swim-through cave in Southern Thailand














The Sights

Limestone islands jutting out of the ocean.





Crazy Cave formations.






The Animals

I swam with an elephant!
I partied with monkeys!











The Sunsets

Pictures can’t capture the beauty, but you get the idea…

Sunset in Ao Nang before the storm

The Food

These are the shizz.  They are fried coconut milk and rice balls:

The City

Bangkok was unreal!  So huge and so many people.  This city makes New York feel like a ghost town.

Chinatown, Bangkok

Fun with camera settings!













This was a life changing experience.  And nothing gets the creative juices flowing like getting out into the world. What a beautiful earth we have!  If you want to know anything about traveling in Thailand, please leave me a comment.  I was there for almost 6 weeks, long enough to get a solid grip on getting around.

Until next time,

Jess Braun

No comments:

Post a Comment